Saturday 13 April 2013

L is for Love

I love hand made items in my home.  Most of them I've made myself..some have been gifts.  Rarely I've bought them.

These hearts were made by me at some time or another. They've hung in 4 different homes.  Three of those were in the States.  But now they live on a pretty stained glass door, which leads into my lounge.




The heart is, I think, the international sign for love, yes?  It seems that everyone knows it, whatever language you speak.

When I moved in here, I was happy for me, but a little sad for the couple who had just moved out.  They were splitting up.  The cats had been divided..what I mean is, one went to live with her, the other with him...so they were topsy-turvied too...

On the first morning I was here, I found evidence that once they were happy.  On the bathroom mirror.  After my shower.

And I haven't a picture of this, but there was the unmistakable heart, which one of them had, at one time, drawn on with their finger.

It took me some time to clean it off.





I've been in a particularly happy frame of mind today, so, with that in mind..

Love is just wonderful
and
it makes the world go around.

:)x



3 comments:

  1. I love your handmade hearts and I so agree with you, love is the best thing... the most powerful thing we have. The heart drawn on your bathroom mirror really touched mine, it tells me that yes, there was love in that house before, and I'm certain there will be again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad to see the last remnants of a love gone by. I'm glad you've turned your house into a happy home again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art, and too bad about the couple. Love should be forever ... but we all know that's sadly not always the case.
    Silvia @ Silvia Writes

    ReplyDelete