Thursday 4 April 2013

D is for Decisions

Life's just full of decisions, isn't it.

Which book shall I read next?
What shall I make for dinner?
What are we going to watch tonight?

Some decisions have more far reaching results in our lives.

Should I date this person?
Is this the person I should marry?
Which job should I take?
Which school should the children attend?

And sometimes the decisions we make are clearly the wrong ones.  

:(

Almost 7 years ago I made a decision and I left my husband.
It was tough. Emotionally. Financially. 

About 2 years ago the divorce was actually finalized.

This has been a decision I have not regretted. Even though some sadness resulted (mainly that my ex used my children as ammunition against me). 
I know this song refers to the child being the bullet in mummys' gun... my 3 are the bullets in their fathers' gun...
and in true Forrest Gump fashion.. "that's all I have to say about that".


The second decision I made which I haven't really regretted at all was to move home to England after 20 years living in the USA.
It was hard work, packing things up, giving things away, settling all the business.
But it was all worth it.
I'm close to family again, living proof that in fact, you *can* go home!

:)x







6 comments:

  1. I just found you by chance - seems everybody is doing that A-Z challenge. It's too late for me now, it is closed but I hope to do it next year.

    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through the A-Z challenge. Look forward to reading again! I love England. I have been there a few times. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too found you via the A-Z Challenge. Looks to me like you made some tough but good decisions. More power to you!
    If you're interested, you can find me at http://www.conflicttango.com
    Jagoda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Sometimes in life we do have to make some really hard decisions to make a better future for ourselves. Glad to see that you overcame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There really IS no place like home. Hope you are happy! Glad to have found you via A to Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this same hard decision six years ago, and left an abusive relationship that I had stuck by for thirteen years. It was VERY hard to start all over again and go it on my own, but I am so very glad I did. It was the right decision and it sounds like it was for you too! One year later I met the man I had always dreamed of, a true knight in shining armor, it's never too late for new love! Eventually your children will figure out what's what and that you did what you needed to do. It takes courage to make a change, I respect that very much!

    ReplyDelete