Monday 9 September 2013

9/365 - Time in the garden

It's been a funny old day today!  I had an appointment set up for my annual gas safety check...supposedly the fella was going to come between 8 am and 2 pm.  So, I was up, bright eyed and bushy tailed..and waited...and waited... and waited. 

And gave up waiting at 5.15 pm!

The office did have the decency to ring me and say they would reschedule though.  

So, with all that waiting time I was able to spend a little time outside, dodging raindrops most of the time!

And on to the photos for today..  I planted a little chrysanthemum in this pot..it was a reduced plant in the shop.  Poor little thing..just needs some water and a bit of love, I reckon.

This pot is one which my grandmother had for many years before she died.  When my own mother passed it to me earlier this year, it looked as though it was empty.  But then, it has sprouted up with lots of healthy looking greenery! 

In the back garden, I found more courgettes to pick...to add to the little collection.  Seeing as how I'm off this week for a few days, I plan to make some courgette cake.

Todays' baking though, involved this bowl of blackberries which I picked.  I took a crumble over to Mum's tonight, and we had a nice dessert!  


I do love fresh "stuff" from the garden!

:) x

No comments:

Post a Comment